National Academy of Science and Technology, Philippines (NAST PHL)
41st Annual Scientific Meeting
Theme: “Caring for Our Nations Carrying Capacity”
Venue: Manila | Date: July 10-11, 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers for the Scientific Posters Session in line with this year’s theme: “Caring for Our Nations Carrying Capacity”. The papers must be: (a) original or have not been presented in any other forum, event or competition, (b) based at least on undergraduate thesis research, not based on high school science projects or class laboratory experiments, and (c) not based on preliminary data.
Steps in submitting an abstract entry
1. Authors are requested to submit the details of their paper via google forms follow this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQ92Z-8OFi_AsAZpGLrJ-s5fswPupAnGXGNGvA5uItylBDzA/viewform?usp=sf_link ;
2. Check the entry in the google sheets. the link is provided in the google forms
3. Take note of the corresponding number of your entry in the google sheets
4. The google sheets number will serve as temporary number to be used in sending the abstracts.
5. The abstract/s must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Make use of the the temporary number and title as filename and subject of email. abstracts must be sent not later than january 15, 2019. abstracts submitted in any other manner shall not be accepted.
Abstracts to be sent via email should follow specified format below
• Margin: Top and Bottom = 1 in; Right and Left = 0.75 in
• Font type: Times New Roman
• Title (centered, bold, upper and lower case, font size: 12)
• Author(s) (centered, upper and lower case, font size: 11); authors should use first and surname; with presenting author underlined and asterisk(s) indicating co-author(s); major/main author name in bold face
• Affiliation (centered, upper and lower case); if authors are from different institutions indicate with superscripts respective affiliations. Include address of the presenting author to enable interested parties to contact author; including telephone, fax, and e-mail.
• Abstract body (justified, font size: 11)
• Keywords (justified in lower case)
• Word format (97-2003 version)
Guidelines in preparing abstracts
1. The “Abstract” should fit in one 6x9 page, using the format specified above.
2. The “Introduction” part should contain the scope and purpose of the work in 2-3 short sentences only.
3. The “Experimental Approach” should be described briefly.
4. Only “Highlights of Results” should be presented, which should be quantitative if possible, or as the nature of the paper permits.
5. Uncommon acronyms should be spelled out the first time they are used; if several acronyms are used, they should be listed with their meanings at the end of abstract.
6. Only major “Conclusions” should be stated
7. No more than five keywords should be mentioned.