Eduardo A. Quisumbing Medal (for Basic Research)
Julian A. Banzon Medal (for Applied Research)
The award is given to individual/group who have made outstanding contributions through research. Two types of awards will be given, namely: (1) Basic Research and (2) Applied Research.
For Basic Research, entries may come from any of the following fields:
- Mathematical (Computer Science)
- Physical (Physics, Chemistry, etc.)
- Life Sciences (Biology, Botany, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, etc.)
For Applied Research, entries may come from any of the following fields:
- Agriculture (including Aquaculture and Forestry)
- Industry and Engineering (Energy, Environment, Earth Science, Textile, Pharmaceuticals, Process, Mining and Minerals, Materials Science, Transportation, Wood and Wood Products, Construction, Electronics, Information Technology, Engineering Technologies)
- Health and Social Sciences (Economics, Health, Nutrition, Science Education, other Social Sciences)
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
The Outstanding Research and Development awardee will be chosen by the Board of Judges. The Board of Judges will formulate their own guidelines of judging based on the suggested criteria:
- Creativity and originality of research work
- Suitability of experimental design and appropriateness of methodology
- Substantiveness of data
- Clarity of presentation (conciseness, appropriate use of labels and figures, technical accuracy of language, definition of terms)
- Interpretation of results
- Overall impact of research (immediate or potential) on socio-economic development, contribution to scientific knowledge
a. The contest is open to all Filipino researchers or research groups with Filipinos as the principal investigators. The composition or leader of the research group should be documented.
b. Research should have been conducted mainly in the Philippines and completed within a period of three (3) years preceding the award.
c. Papers may either be basic or applied.
d. Papers to be considered or completed research must have been published or refereed for publication or should have been accepted for publication in a scientific or technological journal.
e. Original copies of reprints and monographs of entries including the abstract should be submitted. Entries should state the category of award under which they wish to compete.
f. Nominations may be made by heads of government or private research institutions, departments of colleges or universities, or academic/professional scientific organizations or societies
g. Decisions of the Board of Judges shall be final and unappealable.
h. The Board of Judges has the right not to declare any winner.
Winner of each category will receive a cash prize of PhP150,000.00 and a medal.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
Submit ten (10) complete sets of entries to the:
3rd Level Science Heritage Building
DOST Complex, Bicutan, Taguig City 1631