The NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
is in need of SCIENCE RESEACH SPECIALIST II
- Assist in the implementation of the plans, programs, projects and activities related to the Philippine Science Heritage Center (PSHC) specifically under the renovation and improvement of the PSHC and its facilities and the development of new and interactive galleries and exhibits
- Prepare project proposals in coordination and/or approval of the PSHC Committee to be submitted to possible donors and other funding institutions
- Coordinate with members of the PSHC Committees; i.e., PSHC Working Committee, PSHC Inter-agency Working Committee and the Ad Hoc Committee for the Preparation of the
- PSHC Operation Plan, arrange its meeting, prepare agenda and minutes of the meeting and ensure that all decisions are carried out
- Assist in developing and maintaining linkages and networks with existing science centers in the country
- Prepare and recommend plans and programs to promote and market the PSHC
- In charge of the writing needs of the PSHC, e.g., press releases, reports, etc.
- Coordinate with the Clerk III and the FAD for the procurement needs of the project and/or the PSHC
- Serve as tour guide
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time.
- Superior organizational skills – manages and organizes several events at the same time
- Highly creative – conceptualizes and translates science/technical ideas into imaginative interactive exhibits for children
- Above average written communication skills – writes well-organized proposals, reports, press releases, speeches, among others
- Average oral communication skills – able to talk with others, to give and exchange ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Good interpersonal skills – works well in a team and able to communicate effectively with the funding institutions, scientists/researchers, media and children
- Problem solving skills – uses good judgement and resolves problems/concerns regarding assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in any science-related course
- One (1) year relevant experience
- Four (4) hours of relevant trainingCompensation: P34,100/month
- Period of engagement: March to December 2017
Interested applicants may submit their letter of application, resume, transcript of records, employment certificate/s, training certificate/s and other document on or before February 20, 2017 to the Chief Administrative Officer, National Academy of Science and Technology, DOST Compound, Bicutan, Taguig City, email: email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Note: Please indicate in the subject of the application letter the Reference No. “SRSII-2017-09”.