The Academy continuously explores and maintains linkages with foreign academies of science, technology, and engineering as well as with international and regional networks and local science organizations to promote close scientific cooperation.
Since 1978, the Academy has forged international and national scientific linkages with other science, engineering, and technology academies and similar organizations. These linkages aim to:
(1) promote collaborative efforts among Filipino scientists, and between Filipino and foreign scientists;
(2) promote and encourage scientific cooperation through its Scientist Exchange VisitProgram under the memorandum of agreement between NAST and a foreign science academy;
(3) endorse participation in international conferences, meetings, fora, seminars, workshops, andsimilar scientific activities; and
(4) publish and exchange scientific literature.
Through these scientific linkages interested scientists may seek grants for scientific andtechnological undertakings, including fellowships, research grants, study visits, and grants for other collaborative projects from the academies associated with the National Academy of Science and Technology.
Science Academies and Societies with Bilateral Agreement at present, the Academy maintains twenty-five (25) linkages, both local and international.
- Academie des Sciences (French Academy of Sciences)
- Australian Academy of Science
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
- German Research Society (Deutsche Forshungsgemeinschaft)
- Indian National Science Academy
- Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM)
- The Malaysian Scientific Association
- Pakistan Academy of Sciences
- Philippine-American Academy of Science and Engineering (PAASE)
- The Royal Society of London
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- Turkish Academy of Science
- Korean Academy of Science and Technology
- US National Academy of Sciences
- Korean Research Foundation
Affiliations to International Scientific Association:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Association of Academies and Societies of Sciences in Asia (AASSA)
- ASEAN Council of Academies and Engineering (ASEAN-CASE)
- InterAcademy Panel (IAP)
- InterAcademy Medical Panel (IAMP)
- InterAcademy Council (IAC)
- The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries (TWAS)
- The World Network of Scientific Organizations (TWNSO)