- Bachelor’s degree (Communication or any related science course)
- Relevant experience an advantage but not required
- Relevant training an advantage but not required
- Average organizational skills – manages and organizes one to three events at the same time
- Good interpersonal skills – works well in a team and able to communicate/deal effectively with the scientist-clients and officials
- Above average written communication skills – writes well-organized and clear reports
- Average oral communication skills – able to talk with others, to give and exchange ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Basic knowledge on website maintenance
- Knowledge on administrative aspects of day-to-day operation of an organization (procurement, records management, etc.)
- Provide Assistance in the following:
- Assist in the preparation of materials for meetings, and promotional activities (Scientific Career Council Meetings, STC Meetings, Oath taking, Orientations and Scientists Forum).
- Photocopies and labels supporting documents of scientists for evaluation of their yearly performance rating
- Draft press releases and news articles for Scientific Career System (SCS) Bulletins, media outlets and SCS website
- Receive, acknowledges and process requests for foreign travel grants and other benefits including referral of scientist’s request for foreign travel grants to concerned STC
- Shall be responsible for the following:
- Administrative requirements of the project such as to receive, monitor and release SCS documents; and disseminate and/or mail letters, communications, etc.
- Publications (Bulletins, Proceedings, etc) – Production and Printing
- Budgetary requirements of the project such as prepare supporting documents for processing of scientists’ claims and disbursements charged against project funds.
- Procurement requirements such as prepare procurement plan, purchase requests and other related documents; prepare and/or canvass for required supplies, materials and equipment; monitor inventory of supplies, materials and equipment; and prepare required reports.
- Uploading of contents to SCS website and its maintenance.
- Records keeping - organize dead files of the program and digitize documents of scientists, communications, and related materials necessary for program’s database
Period of Engagement: July 16 – December 31, 2018
Compensation – P26,793.60/month
Interested applicants including persons with disability (PWD), members of indigenous communities and those from any sexual orientation and gender identities (SOGI) are invited to submit the following documents to the Finance and Administrative Division, NAST, DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City or thru electronic mail (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of application addressed to Luningning Samarita Domingo, Director IV; indicate position code (2018-06-TF-SRSI-SCS) in the subject line of the letter.
- Fully accomplished and signed Personal Data Sheet (download from http://csc.gov.ph/2014-02-21-08-28-23/pdf-files/category/861-personal-data-sheet-revised-2017.html) with recent 2x2 picture
- Diploma and Official Transcript of Records
- Certificate of Trainings, if any
- Certificate of Employment with Actual Duties and Responsibilities, if any.
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS ON JULY 6, 2018.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH COMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL BE PROCESSED.
ROSEMARIE S. ESPINO
Chief Administrative Officer
Date of posting: June 26, 2018