The Magsaysay Future Engineers/Technologists Award aims to recognize outstanding research outputs on engineering and technology at the collegiate level and to encourage young Filipino students to pursue a career in science.
- Filipino citizen
- Bachelor of Science students with research/study/thesis on engineering sciences and technology
- Good moral character
- Ability to present the research/study/thesis output during the paper presentation, which will be scheduled.
The competition is open to Bachelor of Science students enrolled in an Engineering program or related fields. Areas of study should fall within the priority areas of the Department of Science and Technology, specifically in the areas of (a) biotechnology, (b) machinery, (c) engineering products, (d) engineering sources, and (e) product development.
Nominations to this award may be made/endorsed by the school administrators, heads of professional academic or honor societies with the following requirements: (a) duly accomplished nomination form, (b) comprehensive biodata, (c) copies of his/her research/thesis, and (d) grades in science, mathematics and engineering subjects duly authenticated by the University Registrar. For multi-authored research paper/thesis, a certification on the extent of the role of the nominee to the research/thesis will be required from the nominator/endorser.
The Criteria for preliminary judging are as follows:
(1) Person (40%)
- Grades in engineering, science and mathematics (20%)
- Outside S&T related activities (20%)
(2) Output (60%)
- Methodology (15%)
- Quality of innovativeness/originality/creativity (15%)
- Quality of write-up/presentation(10%)
- Contribution to national development/knowledge (20%)
The First, Second and Third Prize winners will receive a cash prize of Php50,000.00, Php 30,000.00, and Php 20,000.00, respectively and plaque of recognition from NAST. The special citations will receive a cash prize of Php 10,000.00 each and a plaque of recognition.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of June.
You may access our online nomination/registration at https://recognition.nast.dost.gov.ph/index.php/dost-awards.