The Magsaysay Future Engineers/Technologists Award aims to recognize outstanding research outputs on engineering and technology at the collegiate level and to encourage young Filipino students to pursue a career in science.
- Filipino citizen
- Bachelor of Science students with research/study/thesis on engineering sciences and technology
- Must have been enrolled or graduated within the last twelve (12) months
- Good moral character
- Ability to present the research/study/thesis output during the paper presentation, which will be scheduled.
The competition is open to Bachelor of Science students enrolled or graduated within the last twelve months in an Engineering program or related fields. Areas of study should fall within the priority areas of the Department of Science and Technology, specifically in the areas of biomedical engineering, machinery, engineering products, engineering sources and product development.
Nominations to this award may be made/endorsed by the school administrators, heads of professional academic or honor societies with the following requirements:
- duly accomplished nomination form
- comprehensive biodata
- copies of his/her research/thesis/study
- grades in science, mathematics and engineering subjects duly authenticated by the University Registrar
- certification from co-authors
- certification on the extent of the role of the nominee to the research/thesis/study from the nominator/endorser
The Criteria for preliminary judging are as follows:
(1) Person (20%)
- Grades in engineering, science and mathematics (20%)
(2) Output (80%)
- Methodology (20%)
- Quality of innovativeness/originality/creativity (15%)
- Quality of write-up/presentation (15%)
- Contribution to national development/knowledge (30%)
The First, Second and Third Prize winners will receive a cash prize of Php 100,000.00, Php 50,000.00 and Php 30,000.00, respectively and plaque of recognition from NAST. The special citations will receive a cash prize of Php 10,000.00 each and a plaque of recognition.
You may access our online nomination/registration at https://recognition.nast.dost.gov.ph/index.php/dost-awards.